Suggestions

TOPIC: Suggestion: Yearly fees to support TR development

Suggestion: Yearly fees to support TR development 3 years 7 months ago #6736

• DerSam24
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I'm a big fan of TR. But unfortunately the development has been stagnating for years. I understand that the development of a software takes time and money. People are willing to pay money for it if it helps with the development, but even here it falters again. If there's really no interest at all in moving this project forward anymore, maybe you should consider giving the code to the common good and distributing it under an open license, then people can improve the code themselves. I would like to see a decision finally made and we get an answer on how to proceed. Otherwise this project will disappear into absolute insignificance in a few years anyway and the code will be so outdated that it has no value anymore. I would also be willing to pay an annual fee or to promote it as an open source project and win developers for this thing here.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TimMayle, ospaleJ1

Suggestion: Yearly fees to support TR development 3 years 7 months ago #6738

• TimMayle
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Great post.

There's not worst than not deciding. Let's move on TR development. Or buy putting back yearly subscription or giving code to community.
Or any other proposal. But letting go as it is will kill this great tool :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: ospaleJ1

Suggestion: Yearly fees to support TR development 3 years 7 months ago #6740

• jorgelaura
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I also support this proposal.

Suggestion: Yearly fees to support TR development 3 years 6 months ago #6745

• claire
  • Thank you received: 60
We have released two new small functionality:
- TR closing automatically after a user set-up period of inactivity (request from users using TR at work and at home, same file on Dropbox)
- Japanese date format (many Japanese users).

Let us know what other functionality you would like us to look at.

Suggestion to give the code away: how would you see that work? How would the packaging and distribution work? How would you guarantee that no virus is introduced?

Suggestion: Yearly fees to support TR development 3 years 6 months ago #6749

• DerSam24
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I would like to finally be able to print or export the goals. I can create goals, but only see them in the program.

There are many Open Source projects like Inkscape, Gimp or LibreOffice. I could enumerate many more. They all work without viruses. By publishing the code on GitHub under a free license, for example, the code would be publicly available and could be further developed. It would be just an idea, if there is no interest from your side to further develop the program, then rather make the code available for the common good, or as has been suggested many times before, charge annual fees for it.

Your work should not be in vain. That if you have little revenue from it, it is absolutely human that you have little interest in developing it further. Better marketing would certainly be an advantage, as an online marketing expert I would even give you some free tips and analysis on how you can make significantly more sales to keep one of my favorite programs alive.

I really appreciate these minor changes and hope that it will be revived and that you can earn your money with it.
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by DerSam24.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ospaleJ1

Suggestion: Yearly fees to support TR development 3 years 6 months ago #6751

• TimMayle
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Hello Claire,

Thanks for new updates. It's great to see new features coming in TR.
About new features, having a WYSWYG text editor would be great in Actions screens. At least, being able to format with bold, italic and underline.

Freeing code in OpenSource would allow more people to extend features and have more frequent updates. Packaging and publishing are no more an issue nowadays.
We have many examples showing that it improves the soft with very low risk of inserting virus due to an open access and visible changes.

As a final comment, all members that commented are asking the same: we wish more frequent software improvements and if for that we need an annual fee, we'd gladly pay for it. When we don't evolve, we gently die. So it is for software IMHO.

I appreciate so much TR.

Tim
The following user(s) said Thank You: DerSam24
Moderators: claire
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds

About ThinkingRock

ThinkingRock is developed by Avente Pty Ltd, an Australian registered company.

ThinkingRock is not affiliated with or endorsed by the David Allen Company.

Getting Things Done® and GTD® are registered trademarks of the David Allen Company.

Read more about the ThinkingRock team in this interview on the Netbeans website

Get organized Links

We have compiled a list of useful resources if you want to get organized.

Get In Touch

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Cron Job Starts